University Lecturer (associate professor)
Phone: +46 46 2227472
Fax: +46 46 2224250
Main research interests:
My research expertise lies at the heart of ultrafast science, in particular ultrashort pulse laser science, generation, control, and characterization of ultrashort light pulses and their applications. This includes the development of new advanced light sources, spanning from the infrared (IR) down to the extreme ultraviolet (XUV) spectral range, which enable to investigate light‐matter interaction at the shortest possible time scale.
Key words: Ultrafast optics, laser development, attosecond science, strong-field physics, nonlinear optics, filamentation and biophotonics
- Sara Mikaelsson (Main supervisor)
- Lana Neoricic (Main supervisor)
- Yu-Chen Cheng (Second supervisor)
- Neven Ibrakovic (Second supervisor)
- Ivan Sytcevich (Second supervisor)
- Hugo Laurell (Second supervisor)
Selected national and international collaborations:
- A. L’Huillier, P. Johnsson, J. Mauritson, Division for Atomic Physics, Lund University
- A. Mikkelsen, Division for Synchrotron Light Physics, Lund University
- M. Gisselbrecht, Division for Synchrotron Light Physics, Lund University
- V. Pasiskevicius, F. Laurell, KTH, Stockholm
- H. Crespo, Porto University, Porto, Portugal
- U. Morgner, M. Kovacev, Institute for Quantum Optics, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Y. Liu, Shanghai Key Lab of Modern Optical System, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- A. Couairon, École Polytechnique, Paris, France
- Co-organizer of the OSA Siegman International School on Lasers 2018.
- EC H2020 project monitor for FET-OPEN (Laser-Lightning-Rod).
- Coordinator of the Photonics Master Program at the Natural Science Faculty.
- Master thesis examinator at the Division for Atomic Physics.
- Regular reviewer for the following journals: Science, Nature Photonics, Optica, Physical Review Letters, Optics Letters, Optics Express, Nature Scientific Reviews, New Journal of Physics, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Journal of Physics B, Optics Communications, Journal of Biomedical Optics, Applied Physics B, European Physics Letters, European Physical Journal D, Journal of Modern Optics, Applied Sciences, Journal of Optics.
- Reviewer for the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Committee member of the Lund Nano Characterization Labs (LNCL).
- Evaluation committee member for the best master and bachelor theses in optics, optronics, and photonics awarded by PhotonicSweden.
- Founding partner of Sphere Ultrafast Photonics (Porto, Portugal). Sphere was founded 2013 to bring cutting-edge pulse characterization technology to the market.
- Co-inventor of three patents.
Selected recent invitations:
- Panel discussion concerning the 2019 Nobel prize in Physics, AlbaNova University Center (Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy and Biotechnology), December 7th, 2018.
- C.L. Arnold et al., Measuring photoionization time delays with attosecond pulse trains, IEEE Photonics Conference, Reston, Virginia, USA, September 30 to October 4, 2018.
- C.L. Arnold et al., Spatiotemporal characterization and optimization of a high repetition rate OPCPA laser for applications in attosecond science, 27th annual International Laser Physics Workshop, Nottingham, UK, July 16-20, 2018.
- C.L. Arnold et al., Scale-invariance in gas nonlinear optics, 1st European Workshop on Ultrafast Nonlinear Interaction in Gases, Copenhagen, Denmark, April 4th, 2018.
- Cord Arnold, Towards high repetition rate attosecond science, Joint seminar of the Lund Laser Centre, November 11th, 2019.
- Crafoord Foundation
- LU Infrastructure
- Lund Nanometer Structure Consortium
- Fysiska Institutionen
- LTH Infrastructure
Publications (see list further down):
2019 - Advanced Optics
2018 - Medical Optics (course responsible)
2014 - Optics and Optical Design (course responsible)
2015 - 2016 Lasers
2015 - Opto-Electronics and Optical Communication
- Lund University postdoctoral programme - luPOD
- Introduction to teaching and learning in higher education
- Senior lecturer course (Docent Course)
- Den Goda Föreläsningen (The good lecture)
- Högskolpedagogisk Inspirationskurs (Pedagogic inspiration course) .