University Lecturer (associate professor)
Phone: +46 46 2227472
Fax: +46 46 2224250
Main research interests
My research expertise lies at the heart of ultrafast science, in particular ultrashort pulse laser science, generation, control, and characterization of ultrashort light pulses and their applications. This includes the development of new advanced light sources, spanning from the infrared (IR) down to the extreme ultraviolet (XUV) spectral range, which enable to investigate light‐matter interaction at the shortest possible time scale.
Key words: Ultrafast optics, laser development, attosecond science, strong-field physics, nonlinear optics, filamentation and biophotonics
- Sara Mikaelsson (Main supervisor)
- Lana Neoricic (Main supervisor)
- Ivan Sytcevich (Main supervisor)
- Hugo Laurell (Second supervisor)
- Robin Weissenbinder (Second supervisor)
- Vidar Flodgren (Second supervisor)
- Ann-Kathrin Raab (Second supervisor)
Selected national and international collaborations
- A. L’Huillier, P. Johnsson, J. Mauritson, Division for Atomic Physics, Lund University
- A. Mikkelsen, Division for Synchrotron Light Physics, Lund University
- M. Gisselbrecht, Division for Synchrotron Light Physics, Lund University
- V. Pasiskevicius, F. Laurell, KTH, Stockholm
- H. Crespo, Porto University, Porto, Portugal
- U. Morgner, M. Kovacev, Institute for Quantum Optics, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Y. Liu, Shanghai Key Lab of Modern Optical System, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- A. Couairon, École Polytechnique, Paris, France
Professional activities (Selected)
- Director of the Photonics Master's Programme at the Faculty of Engineering (Photonics Master's Programme).
- Lund coordinator of the Erasmus Mundus Master Lascala.
- Co-organizer of the OSA Siegman International School on Lasers 2018.
- EC H2020 project monitor for FET-OPEN (Laser-Lightning-Rod).
- Appointed master thesis examinator for the Faculty of Engineering.
- Responsible for the weekly scientific seminar at the Department of Physics (Mötesplats Rydberg (page in swedish)).
- Regular reviewer for the following journals: Science, Nature Photonics, Optica, Physical Review Letters, Optics Letters, Optics Express, Nature Scientific Reviews, New Journal of Physics, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Journal of Physics B, Optics Communications, Journal of Biomedical Optics, Applied Physics B, European Physics Letters, European Physical Journal D, Journal of Modern Optics, Applied Sciences, Journal of Optics.
- Reviewer for the Swiss National Science Foundation, the National Science Foundation (USA) and the Czech Science Foundation.
- Committee member of the Lund Nano Characterization Labs (LNCL).
- Evaluation committee member for the best master and bachelor theses in optics, optronics, and photonics awarded by PhotonicSweden.
- Founding partner of Sphere Ultrafast Photonics (Porto, Portugal). Sphere was founded 2013 to bring cutting-edge pulse characterization technology to the market. Sphere Ultrafast Photonics
- Co-inventor of three patents.
Selected recent invitations
- Cord Arnold et al., Physics@Velthoven, January 21-22, 2020.
- Cord Arnold et al., Sources and diagnostics for attosecond science, HHG & MAC workshop, ELI Beamlines, Prague May 6-7, 2019.
- Cord Arnold, Towards high repetition rate attosecond science, Joint seminar of the Lund Laser Centre, November 11th, 2019.
- Panel discussion concerning the 2018 Nobel prize in Physics, AlbaNova University Center (Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy and Biotechnology), December 7th, 2018. Alba Nova Panel discussion
- C.L. Arnold et al., Measuring photoionization time delays with attosecond pulse trains, IEEE Photonics Conference, Reston, Virginia, USA, September 30 to October 4, 2018.
- C.L. Arnold et al., Spatiotemporal characterization and optimization of a high repetition rate OPCPA laser for applications in attosecond science, 27th annual International Laser Physics Workshop, Nottingham, UK, July 16-20, 2018.
- C.L. Arnold et al., Scale-invariance in gas nonlinear optics, 1st European Workshop on Ultrafast Nonlinear Interaction in Gases, Copenhagen, Denmark, April 4th, 2018.
- Swedish Research Council
- Crafoord Foundation
- LU Infrastructure
- Lund Nanometer Structure Consortium
- Physics Department (LU)
- LTH Infrastructure
Director of the Photonics Master's Programme at the Faculty of Engineering (TAFOT).
Lund coordinator of the Erasmus Mundus Master Lascala.
2019 - Advanced Optics
2018 - Medical Optics (course responsible)
2014 - Optics and Optical Design (course responsible)
2015 - 2016 Lasers
2015 - Opto-Electronics and Optical Communication
- Lund University postdoctoral programme - luPOD
- Introduction to teaching and learning in higher education
- Senior lecturer course (Docent Course)
- Den Goda Föreläsningen (The good lecture)
- Högskolpedagogisk Inspirationskurs (Pedagogic inspiration course)